Department of Ophthalmology, AIIMS Jammu has been actively involved in raising awareness regarding World Sight Day. On this occasion, an informative article was published in a local newspaper to raise awareness with particular stress on the theme for this year- 'Love Your Eyes at Work'. Further, we circulated useful tips for faculty members to reduce computer vision syndrome
A free eye check up was conducted amongst the office staff of Silchar Medical College and Hospital keeping in mind to include the eye health of care givers too. It included refraction, dilated fundoscopy, dry eye check up. The programme included an awareness talk also.
We celebrated World sight day by conducting awareness campaign on the theme of this year "Love your eyes at work"
Also conducted a quiz on topics of Ophthalmology for medical undergraduates
The Eye Bank Society of Advanced Eye Center, Sector 12, PGI Chandigarh in association with Lions Club Central Chandigarh organized various activities on the occasion of World Sight Day 2023 under the leadership of our Head of Department Professor SS Pandav. They were as follows:
1. Public awareness talk on Eye Donation and appointment of 30 Vision Ambassadors from the tricity to motivate people around them for corneal donation
2. Free screening eye camp in Old age home with free distribution of eye drops
3. Press release in various newspapers
4. Social media awareness using Facebook, WhatsApp
5. Distribution of public awareness materials like posters and brochures on eye donation
6. Launch of an online scannable eye donation pledge form in accordance with the Digital India mission
7. Felicitation of eye donor family
8. Oath taking by vision ambassadors for increasing eye donation awareness in the public domain