1. Press conference on 5th March 2022 by Choudhury Eye Hospital and Research Centre, Silchar, Assam to let the press give coverage to our week long activities, so that general public are made aware.
2. Glaucoma awareness rally on 6th March 2022 organised by Choudhury Eye Hospital and Research Centre, Silchar, Assam.
3. Glaucoma screening camp on 12th March 2022 at Choudhury Eye Hospital and Research Centre, Silchar, Assam.
4. Glaucoma awareness talk on local channels by Dr Haimanti Choudhury and Dr H. K. Choudhury on 7th March 2022.
5. Glaucoma awareness rally on 10th March 2022 organised by Office of Joint Director of Health Services, Cachar, joined by Choudhury Eye Hospital and Research Centre, Lion's Eye Hospital, ERC Hospital, Indian Red Cross Society.
6. CME on Glaucoma Management on 12th March 2022 arranged by Barak academy of Ophthalmology, attended by maximum Ophthalmologist and Post graduate students of our district.
*Free Glaucoma Screening Camp held at Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Bathinda.Punjab
The Department of Ophthalmology celebrated Glaucoma Awareness Week from 6th to 12th march 2022. It started with taking forward the vision of Dr Gurpreet Singh Gill, Medical Superintendent Admin AIMSR, who believes in providing state of art infrastructure to ensure best quality treatment to the people of Malwa. Glaucoma is one of the leading cause of irreversible blindness but with early treatment, we can limit the damage and save sight.
Every year AIMSR celebrates this week to spread awareness in public regarding glaucoma risk factors. Emphasis is placed on annual eye checkup in patients aged more than forty years, diabetic patients, first-degree relatives of glaucoma patients and those on steroids. Various activities were conducted throughout the week. Poster and slogan making competition was held Officiating Vice chancellor of Adesh University, Col Jagdev Singh and Principal , Dr Rajiv Mahajan distributed the prizes among the winners Medical Superintendent Dr. Avtar Singh Bansal and Deputy Medical Superintendent Dr. Harijot Singh Bhattal flagged off the Glaucoma Awareness walk by students and faculty.Dr Ritesh Singla,Dr Rajwinder Kaur,Dr Priyanka Gupta and other faculty members screened all patients . Pamphlets distribution and glaucoma ribbon distribution among the public was done throughout the week. More than 350 patients were screened by the department of ophthalmology for glaucoma during this week. All diagnostic tests were conducted free of cost. Around 35 patients were diagnosed with glaucoma and advised treatment accordingly.Throughout the week media coverage was done to aware the public.Mass awareness created through social media like instagram,facebook,newspaper,pamphlets,posters and flex.