Dear Members ,
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has rapidly emerged as a global health threat and India is also facing a health emergency.
All India Ophthalmological Society, State Ophthalmological Societies, affiliated Societies of AIOS and AIOS members have to rise to the occasion.
The Advisory from AIOS is as follows:
1. Postpone all CMEs, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences.
2. Postpone elective outpatient appointments and procedures that can be safely delayed, particularly in elderly patients and those with comorbidities.
3. Educate staff and colleagues regarding importance of reducing interactions per day to minimal required number (interact ONLY if it is a must).
4. Screening is a must for all patients before examination in an eye care set up for fever/dry cough/sore throat/breathing difficulties/URI to help in identification and proper referrals wrt COVID-19.
5. Attend to all ophthalmic emergencies and post-operative care with adequate precautions.
6. If a patient with known COVID-19 infection needs urgent ophthalmic care, they should be sent to a hospital or center equipped to deal with COVID-19 and urgent eye conditions, ideally in a hospital setting under hospital infection control conditions.
PLEASE STAND TOGETHER IN THIS HOUR OF NEED